August Doctoral Degree Conferral
In light of August graduation ceremonies being postponed, we have contracted with Herff-Jones—in collaboration with technology partners StageClip and MarchingOrder—to offer a virtual conferral of degrees to honor our summer 2020 doctoral graduates on August 7.
We have to make sure information is submitted to our partners in a timely manner so they can create the ceremony. To graduate this August and be included in the ceremony, it is required that you have completed your defense and submitted your approved dissertation or record of study to OGAPS by June 29th. We cannot accept dissertations after the June 29th deadline.
The conferral of degrees will include:
- traditional commencement programming such as addresses by administrators and a student.
- In place of the in-person hooding and conferral of degrees, each doctoral graduate will have an individualized slide, with a photo (submitted by you) and audio clip listing your name, major, dissertation chair, and co-chair (if applicable).
In the coming week, you will receive emails with instructions on how to register with Marching Order to help create your personalized slide.
- In the first email, you will set a password and register with Marching Order.
- Once you are registered, you will be able to submit your own photo for your slide.
- Regalia is not required for you photo; however, if you would like your photo to feature you in regalia, be aware that you should order soon. You may rent or buy from a number of vendors. If you use Herff Jones, they are requesting orders no later than July 3 to ensure you receive your regalia in time to submit your photo for inclusion in the virtual ceremony.
After the ceremony, you will be able to download the entire video or simply download their portion of the video to keep and share on social media.
Be on the lookout in the coming days/weeks for messages from us or StageClip/Marching Order with instructions and information.
We will update this site with details as plans come together.
For questions, email email@example.com.