Faculty Partner Application Process
Faculty Partner Application Process for the Pathways to the Doctorate Fellowship Program (revised January 2018)
The cover page must include:
- a descriptive title of the research area addressed by the individual faculty member or faculty team (not to exceed 80 characters in length);
- a 100 word maximum abstract describing the research area;
- identification of the submission as a TAMU faculty team, individual TAMU faculty, or Continuing Faculty Team proposal;
- a description as to how the submission relates to the AGEP program (if relevant);
- an individual faculty member or list of all members of the faculty team, their department(s) and university affiliation(s), together with their email address(es) and phone number(s);
- identification of one faculty member as the team leader;
- and, signatures from every member of the team and from their associated Department Heads or IDP Chairs.
The body of the proposal should be not exceed 4 pages in length (12-pt font) and should cover the five following areas:
- Quality of the proposed research experience.
- Quality of the proposed mentoring, including a plan for regular interaction with student.
- A description of the financial support (by type, amount, and source) offered to the fellow for years 2 through 4.
- A plan for recruiting students with bachelor’s degrees from TAMUS institutions (students already at Texas A&M University- College Station are not eligible), and a description of past successes by the individual or team of faculty members in recruiting undergraduate students from TAMUS institutions.
- Evidence of scholarly productive relationships (existing or prior) with faculty from TAMU system institutions.