G.R.A.D. Aggies Certificate Program
Are you looking for a way to spotlight your participation in professional development events? Would you like a certificate to enhance your CV or resume? Now you can earn a G.R.A.D. Aggies Professional Development Certificate! We offer three levels of certificates: basic, intermediate, and advanced.
Students who meet the requirements for each level will receive and email notification by mid- to late- April describing which certificate(s) they earned. OGAPS will award certificates at the G.R.A.D. Aggies Awards Ceremony held at the end of the Spring Semester each academic year.
Certificate Levels and Requirements
- Consists of participating in events accumulating 6 Professional Development Units (referred to as PDUs) – each G.R.A.D. Aggies event will be worth 1 PDU.
- After each event, log onto eCampus and complete the assignment for the event you attended. Assignments will be available in eCampus for one month following the event, and must be completed in order to receive credit.
- Once you have attended 6 PDUs of G.R.A.D. Aggies events and completed the corresponding assignments in eCampus, submit the final comprehensive reflection prompt through eCampus.
- Students must complete Basic Level requirements between June 1 and the following April 15 of each academic year.
- After completing all requirements for a basic level certificate, students become eligible to complete an intermediate level certificate.
- This certificate requires an additional 6 PDUs accumulated after the Basic Certificate is awarded. PDUs are awarded in the same manner as for the Basic Certificate. A student must attend the event and then complete the corresponding assignment in eCampus within one month of attending the event to receive the PDU credit.
- Once you have attended 6 PDUs of G.R.A.D. Aggies events and completed the corresponding assignments in eCampus, submit the final comprehensive reflection prompt.
- Students must complete Intermediate Level requirements between June 1 and the following April 15 of each academic year.
After completing all requirements for basic and intermediate level certificates, students become eligible to complete an advanced level certificate. Completing the Advanced Certificate allows students to demonstrate accomplishments achieved through the G.R.A.D. Aggies program related to skills needed to succeed after graduation. Students must meet the following three (3) requirements to earn the advanced certificate:
NOTE: CIRTL@TAMU Associate certificates do not qualify as advanced certificate activities, as they earn PDUs (see Earning Professional Development Units below).
- Complete an additional 2 PDUs within 1 year of completing the Intermediate Certificate.
- Participate in an activity that emphasizes one of the four areas of G.R.A.D. Aggies (Academic Development, Leadership & Communication, Instruction & Assessment, and Career Development). Below find examples of activities that will fulfill this requirement. (Please note that these activities DO NOT earn the 2 extra PDUs.)
- Participate in the 3 Minute Thesis Competition
- Earn a CIRTL@TAMU Practitioner certificate (i.e., College Classroom Teaching Course)
- Earn a CIRTL@TAMU Scholar certificate (i.e., Teaching As Research Fellows)
- Lead/organize a TAMU student organization on Campus
- Participate as a Leader in the Aggie Research Leadership Program (ARP)
- Serve as a Mentor in the Texas A&M Engineering Graduate Peer Mentor Program
- Complete the reflection on eCampus within one month of completing the first activity. This reflection will ask what you learned from the entire program, your plans for continuing professional development. The reflection also requests any suggestions for improving future GRAD Aggies offerings.
If you have general questions regarding the G.R.A.D. Aggies Professional Development Certificate, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earning Professional Development Units (PDUs)
The following collaborators offer sessions every semester that are worth PDUs. Only sessions listed on the G.R.A.D. Aggies Calendar with a PDU amount can be applied towards a G.R.A.D. Aggies Certificate. To find events that can be applied to earning a G.R.A.D. Aggies Professional Development Certificate please visit our calendar at tx.ag/GRADAggiesCalendar.
NOTE: Some collaborators offer 1-hour 1:1 consultations and advising as a part of the G.R.A.D. Aggies Certificate Program. For the purpose of the G.R.A.D. Aggies Certificate program, a maximum of 1 PDU from 1:1 appointments may be used per collaborator per professional development certificate level. See the consultation event description in the G.R.A.D. Aggies Calendar or email email@example.com for more information.