ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY VERIFICATION
All international graduate students whose native language is not English must meet minimum English proficiency standards.
To achieve admission, international graduate students must attain English proficiency verification.
Citizens of certain English speaking countries are exempt from the verification requirement. Refer to the list on the Office of Admissions website.
English Proficiency Verification can be attained using the following:
- a TOEFL score of at least 80 on TOEFL iBT (550 paper-based), or
- an IELTS score of at least 6.0, or
- a GRE Verbal Reasoning score of at least 146 (400 on the old scale), or
- a GMAT Verbal score of at least 22, or
- a PTE Academic score of at least 53, or
- acquiring alternative verification during the admission process from the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies via a departmental request. An international graduate student holding a master’s degree from an accredited institution located in the U.S. qualifies for alternative verification.