Coronavirus Travel Notice for current awardees and future applicants
All graduate and professional students planning to travel MUST follow Texas A&M University’s travel policies, including travel policies in response to the coronavirus. As University travel policies are subject to change—maybe at a moment’s notice—please carefully monitor your TAMU email, today.tamu.edu and the TAMU Coronavirus Updates page (found here) for updates on A&M’s travel policies.
Texas A&M has created a mandatory reporting portal for all students, faculty and staff traveling from or through any location that's been designated as Level 1, 2 or 3 by the CDC for COVID-19. The registration is required for both personal and university business travel before leaving or immediately upon return.
- I am considering applying for a travel award: The OGAPS Travel Award application portal is closed until further notice.Travel to any area that is prohibited by Texas A&M’s travel policies will NOT be considered for funding through the OGAPS Research and Presentation Travel Award.
- I have received a travel award and am preparing to travel: As of March 12th, 2020 at 5:45PM, ALL university-sponsored travel (domestic and international) has been canceled until further notice. You have received an email requesting that you update our office to the status of your travel and all expenses by Friday, March 20th, 2020 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Office of Graduate and Professional Studies will work with Travel Awardees and their departments to help minimize the financial impact of cancelled travel to the best of our ability within Texas A&M University policies. We appreciate your time and effort in updating us on your travel plans. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
- I have already travelled for my travel award and am preparing to reimburse my travel expenses with OGAPS: As long as you travelled to a country that met A&M’s travel policy prior to your travel, you will be reimbursed without issue.
You can also check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) travel advisories here and the Department of State’s Travel Advisories here for current advisories and information on the coronavirus. Again, travel advisories related to the coronavirus are constantly evolving. Make sure you are operating with the most recent information.
If you have questions about your travel and the current Texas A&M travel policies, please contact your department’s administration.
Office of Graduate & Professional Studies
· TAMU Coronavirus Updates page
· Coronavirus Resources for the Graduate Community
· International Student Services Information on Traveling and Coronavirus
· Student Health Services
· Counseling and Psychological Services
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Travel Health Notices
· U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories